Our elementary school, junior high school, senior high school, and international programs are all fully approved by WASC.
A major benefit to the status is that we are in an official relationship with the UC system, and our courses can be placed on their list of approved courses for credit. These approved courses will be used by UC and other top tier universities when evaluating Sierra School transcripts.
Highlights from the visiting committee’s formal report include these areas of strength for Sierra School:
- Teachers use a wide variety of instructional approaches and modify instructional strategies to meet individual students’ learning styles, and they use assessment data to alter their lessons.
- The diverse student body demonstrates an inordinately high level of caring and support for one another.
- The principal’s highly effective leadership style that empowers the faculty.
- Small class size allows for on-on-one assistance when needed, and the well qualified aides in the classrooms increase the students’ opportunities for professional individualized instruction and immediate feedback.
- The ESL program on campus adds a unique atmosphere that contributes to the schools effectiveness.
- The manner in which the WASC procedure was followed brought out a sense of empowerment to the entire school community.
- The accessibility of the faculty to parents leads to a successful parent/school partnership.
- Open ended and individualized assignments allow students to interact with content in a way that is meaningful and real to them.
WASC accreditation certifies that Sierra School is a trustworthy institution of learning and validates the integrity of our school’s program as it supports student learning. Accreditation also assures parents that our purposes are appropriate and being accomplished through a viable education program.
WASC accreditation certifies that Sierra School is a trustworthy institution of learning and validates the integrity of our school’s program as it supports student learning. Accreditation also assures parents that our purposes are appropriate and being accomplished through a viable education program.View our status here
Sierra School is recognized and registered with the College Board
Our College Board School Code is 052074.
Sierra School has a Level 2 code status with the College Board, which means we can administer the PSAT to our students (and others) on our campus.